My name is Martin Peres. I am a Graphics Software Engineer at Intel’s Open Source Technology Center where I work on the Open Source Intel GPU’s Linux driver. On my spare time, I am also working on the Community-based Reverse-Engineered Open-Source driver for NVIDIA GPUs for Linux called Nouveau.
I also hold a Ph.D. in Computer science since December 2014 from the LaBRI, a research center located at the Université Bordeaux 1. My doctoral thesis is called ”A holistic approach to Green Networking in Wireless Networks - Collaboration among autonomic systems as a mean towards efficient resource-sharing”, it was supervised by Pr. Francine Krief, from the research team “Languages, Systems and Network”, theme ”QoS and security in next-gen networks”.
If you want more information about my research, please visit my research project page.
- 2015 - Now : Software Graphics Engineer at Intel’s Open Source Technology Center (Finland)
- 2011 - 2014 : Ph.D. student at LaBRI (Green Networking, Hardware power consumption, collaboration)
- 2013 : University of Ottawa, IMAGINE research team (3 months)
- 2008 - 2011 : ENSI de Bourges: Security of Ubiquitous Systems
- 2008 : University of Central Lancashire (Microprocessor-based systems & Signal processing) (3 months)
- 2006 - 2008 : IUT Montpellier 2: Software engineering
- 2004 - 2006 : A-levels in Mathematics and Engineering science
- 2015 - Now : EzBench : Automated annotation of the GIT history of a project with performance, rendering and unit test results
- 2013 - 2014 : LICoRNe : Cognitive Radio Networks (experimentations)
- 2011 - 2012 : DIAFORUS : Reasoning services for event detection in a hetereogenous and redundant WSN
- 2009 - 2011 : PIGA-SYSTRANS : Coordinating multiple protections within a Linux Desktop
- 2008 : ChiCI : Gaze Tracking to analyze GUI
- Summer’15 and ‘16: Google Summer of Code mentor - Alex Tru
- Summer’13 and ‘14 : Google Summer of Code mentor - Samuel Pitoiset
- Summer’12 : X.org Endless Vacaction of Code mentor - Supreet Pal Singh, Ashwin Ravichandr
- 2012: ENSEIRB - RSC - Autonomic Computing, Pervasive Networking
- 2011 - 2014: ENSEIRB - RSI - System programming
- 2011 - 2014: ENSEIRB - RSC - System and data hardware security
- 2011 - 2014: ENSEIRB - RSC - IT security
- X.org foundation: board of directors member since 2013
- Linux Developer: Open-source Reverse-Engineered nVidia driver (Nouveau) : Power management (clocks, temperature, fan & power budget)
- LaBx member: Hackerspace in Bordeaux : Electronics (example 1 example 2)
- XDC2016 - Chairman of the conference
- 2015 - Now : Partial Freedesktop.org admin (mostly bugzilla and account management)
- XDC2014 - Chairman of the conference
- 2014 - Now : Main contact of the X.Org Foundation for the Google Summer of Code
- 2013 - Now : Administrator and main contributor to the X.Org Foundation’s Google+ account.
Books and journals
Intel GFX CI - What services we provide, our roadmaps, and how to replicate our efforts for other driversXDC 2017 :
Security in Wayland-based desktop environments: Privileged clients, authorization, authentication and sandboxing!XDC 2014 : Steve Dodier-Lazaro & Martin Peres
The Linux graphics stack, Optimus and the Nouveau driver - Cooperative rendering across GPUs on LinuxKernel Recipes 2014 : Martin Peres
Prise de décision distribuée et collaborative dans les WSN en vue d’une optimisation de la consommation énergétiqueGT ARC 2012 :
In the press
- 2017 : LWN: Continuous-integration testing for Intel graphics
- 2016 : Phoronix: Nouveau Gets A LED Driver To Control Light-Up GeForce Logos
- 2016 : LWN: Status updates for three graphics drivers
- 2015 : LWN: Pitfalls in graphics benchmarking
- 2015 : Phoronix: Intel’s Open-Source Graphics Team Poaches A Top Nouveau Driver Developer
- 2014 : LWN: Wayland Compositors - Why and How to Handle Privileged Clients! also on Phoronix, my blog and LinuxFR(fr).
- 2013 : Hackaday: Remote Power Management of my desktop computer also on my blog.
- 2012 : Interview on LinuxFR(fr)
- 2012 : LWN article about the security of the Linux Graphic Stack (also on LinuxFR)
- 2011 : Interview by the Hacker Public Radio
- 2010 - : Phoronix - Articles about Nouveau
- 2008 : France3 Centre(TV) - PIGA OS